Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Soccer Balls, Straight Jackets, and Sexy Juice





Another epic fail at blogging...I'm finding that I'm good at something and that's NOT UPDATING my blog that is supposed to be my journal of mommyhood.

Crew's soccer experience has continued. He played for the Dragon's in the McKinney outdoor league where not only did he make great friends, but I did as well. His outdoor experience was a lot of fun...his playing abilities were good, not great, but pretty good. He is somewhat shy and definately not aggressive in any form unless it's aimed towards his sister, so him stealing the ball from other kids was not in his nature. However, now we've entered the indoor league. It's actually much more difficult on a gym floor where there is even less control of the ball with a bunch of 4 year olds...one good kick and that puppy is a goner!!! But...he's doing wonderful. His first two games he scored one goal per game and his third was followed by THREE goals. To watch him score is heartmelting. His excitement throws him out of the game for several seconds as he beams for Brandon and I to scream obnoxiously and scare the other children with our loud roars of praise!!! He's running faster and becoming more confident with the sport each and every game. Watching him grow is a feeling I'm still learning to get a hold of...it's the happiest feeling in the world to watch my kiddos be happy and also the saddest to see how quickly it really does fly by. He's also started school again twice a week at Mudpies and Lullabies here in Melissa. He's so proud of all of his crafts and progress he makes each class time. He came home somewhat discouraged about his counting skills but within one evening of practice...he's now a counting fool. He sits in the back seat counting to himself, counts anything he can get his mind around. He's very determined to conquer anything he thinks he struggles with and I love that about him.

On the other hand...his sister Ally!!! Oh, Ally Ally Ally. She's still the funniest child I've ever seen, met, or heard of. Her effortless attempts at being funny make her even funnier!!! She still sneaks and gives herself makeovers with my makeup at every chance she can get. She is now 2 1/2 and has zero interest in getting out of her diaper and even less interest in getting rid of that stinkin paci. Her latest thing she was into was our sexy juice...yes, sexy juice. As a gift to having Cash Tanner my mother bought Brandon and I some of the KY juice set called his & hers. Funny...yup!!! Awkward...nah!!! I mean if you've seen how happy the couples are in the commercials...who wouldn't want a dab of that happiness!!! Other than Herbal Essence shampoo, what else can make a gal that excited. Well I guess Ally was looking for trouble as usual and found herself soaked in some sexy juice. Brandon found her in the bathroom...looking ever so innocent with KY in her hair, on her face, covered her clothes, etc. That stuff isn't cheap either...needless to say she wasn't as impressed with it as the women are in their commercials. She's also recently been into my hair wax...it's supposed to make the ends of my hair less frizzy and instead left us with a huge mess in her hair, the mirror, the countertops, and more...you name it and hair wax was on it. It took about 6 days and dozens and dozens of washes for it to work itself out. She looked dirty and greasy and thankfully she couldn't have cared less. Another struggle with Ally is her need to be naked. From what I hear, she gets this from me AS A CHILD. The neighbor kids, guests, relatives, daddy, older brother find this quite disturbing...but to me...it's just mischevious Ally being Ally. I really couldn't ask for a more hilarious child.

Cash Tanner is now just days away from being 2 months old. I'm so so sad how quickly he's not just a newborn home from the hospital. Next thing I know, he'll be 4 years old and playing soccer just like Crew. :( He loves sleeping on his momma as much as Allybug likes to put on lipstick. I wrap him up in his straight jacket...aka swaddle...and he sleeps like a champ!!! He's beginning to sleep more through the night and be less frazzeled by any quick movement by his sister. He's still not a big fan of Ally but I think he senses danger when she's around...which lets me know he's SMART!!! He's still holding on to the deep blue eyes that I hope he keeps. They look just like my dads...and ever so handsome...however if they turn to brown like his brothers, I'm sure they will be just a beautiful as Crew's. He just got over his first case of thrush which was horrible...poor lil dude!!! And his cradle cap is very minor and washing away quickly in his baths. He also started formula about two weeks ago and still adjusting to having a bottle and not mommy as his milk despenser. The pumping was ever so boring, yet humorous to watch Ally attempt while hiding in corners. I never said anything to her and just let her pretend to pump away!!! I actually enjoyed the bonding for the first time ever with any of the three, which may have been because he's now my last bambino. But, a bad infection for me and his bad case of thrush caused us to go our seperate ways...during feedings only of course. He's easily angered and his entire face turns red, the bottom lip curls down, and real tears have now formed...it's pathetic and so very sad all together.

Well the laundry is ready to be switched and I have to now check on the upstairs to see what Ally has been up to since I sent her to play...wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment